Saturday, September 8, 2012

1 - on - 1 WITH MJD






Big news in the HHSFFL this week.  Only days after being drafted by the Tigers, Maurice Jones-Drew ended his hold out and reported to training camp.  Last year's rushing champ sat down with us to discuss the events that led to the end of his hold out.

Q:  Thanks for taking time for us, Maurice.  How does it feel to be back?
A:  Thanks for having me.  It's great to be here.  I'm happy to be back at camp as a member of the Bayside High Tigers.  This is a top class organization with an extremely intelligent and knowledgeable owner.  I couldn't be happier about where I ended up. 

Q:  Speaking of the draft, how did you feel about dropping into the third round (pick 36 overall?
A:  Motivated.  I understand why some teams passed on me.  But they are soon going to understand that it was a mistake.  That being said, I'm thrilled with the way it played out and I'm looking forward to getting on the field and showing all those Tigers fans that I'm here to help bring the C-Cup to Bayside. 

Q:  This is your second run with Bayside.  In 2008, you were drafted third overall by the Tigers.  How does that experience compare with this one so far?
A:  We came within one fluke play of winning a championship that season.  I see a lot of the same level of talent on this team and I think we can make another run.  

Q:  You said that being drafted by the Tigers contributed to your decision to end your hold out.  Are there any teams that, had they drafted you, would not have prompted you to come back?
A:  Yes.  The Cobra Kai Dojo.  That's a Micky Mouse organization with a Minnie Mouse owner.  He's the Rex Ryan of the HHSFFL. 

Q:  Have you met Kelly Kapowski yet?  What is she like?
A:  Kelly is great.  Just a complete and total smoke show.  But honestly, have you seen the girls playing beach volleyball?  They break out into these spontaneous, slow-motion dance routines.  It's awesome. 

Q:  Maurice, thanks again for taking the time to speak with us.  Best of luck this season in Bayside.
A:  Thanks again for having me.  Go Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment