Sunday, August 31, 2014

DRAFT GRADES: KATHY IRELAND DIVISION


FORGOTTEN GODS
Rotowire Prediction:  2 Wins
Grabbing Jimmy Graham at 15th overall is excellent value.  Graham is as close to a "sure thing" as you can find at the 15th pick.  However, Graham might be the only "sure thing" on the roster.  Too many question marks, concussions, and unknowns here.  While I understand the upside some of these guys show, I have to admit its a disappointing draft by one of the leagues premier franchises.
My Draft Grade:  C-, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.


LITTLE GIANTS  
Rotowire Prediction:  9 Wins
Call it nostalgia.  Call it stupidity.  Call it whatever you want.  I love taking Arian Foster in the first round.  I think he's going to turn back the clock this year now that he's healthy and Ben Tate isn't there to vulture carries between the 40's.  However, that's the only RB choice I like.  I think Zac Stacy is overrated and going to lose carries to Benny Cunningham.  DeAngelo Williams will be lucky to get double digit touches each week.  Better hope Gronk gets healthy and stays that way.
My Draft Grade:  B-, This team is a serious contender for NIT glory.


MORLOCK NATION
Rotowire Prediction:  7 Wins
I was disappointed when Montee Ball went in the first round, mostly because I was hoping to grab him in the second.  But that's the only time that happened all night.  There's just nobody else on this team that excites me.  This team is only going as far as Stephen Jackson's hamstring can carry them.   Maybe it's the equivalent of the Super Bowl hangover.
My Draft Grade:  D, Were you using a draft guide from 2009?


GREEN MONSTER
Rotowire Prediction:  7 Wins
This team definitely has some upside.  T.Y. Hilton and Alshon Jeffrey are poised to have huge seasons.  Stafford and Lynch will be solid.  And Gates will do enough this season to remind everyone that he's still here.  But...Trent Richardson.  You picked Trent Richardson.  Basically synonymous with B-U-S-T.  He's about as elusive as a brontosaurus and he dances like Sharkira in the backfield.  Mmmm...Shakira's backfield.  Sorry...distracted.
My Draft Grade:  C+, Like a pimple on prom night, way to fuck up a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment