Friday, August 9, 2013

2013 TOP POSITION PLAYER PREDICTIONS

So I've thought about starting my fantasy football research as the new season approaches, but I haven't actually done anything about it yet.  I've been busy enjoying my time off and, while I'm excited about the upcoming season, like many veterans I'm finding training camp to be a bit of a grind.  I don't pour through nearly the number of fantasy articles that I used to.  I don't watch endless hours of preseason football or spend entire days with nothing but the NFL Network on.  I just don't have that same thrill from being out on the field.

Ok...let's be honest....that's a giant load of bullshit and you all see right through it.  No more sandbagging it.  We are still three weeks away from draft night and I'm already blogging.  That has to be some sort of a record, right?

So here are a few predictions for you loyal readers out there.  I'm going to tell you right now who the best fantasy player at each position will be.  Not the best NFL player, the best HHSFFL player.

QB:  Matt Ryan - Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know you're all thinking its just because he's a BC boy and all but if you can look away from Rodgers, Brees, and Brady for a minute you'll see.  He's got two STUD receivers - the type that would be the number one receiver on like 29 of the 32 teams out there.  He has the best tight end in history coming back for one more shot at a ring, and oh yeah, they picked up the talented but fragile Steven Jackson this off-season.  Brady is still the guy I want leading the two minute drill with the game on the line, but he, like Rodgers, lost some key weapons this off season.  So in the words of Joe Lunardi...Matt Ryan, SHARPIE.  (Darkhorse Pick:  RGIII)

RB:  Adrian Peterson - No surprise here.  He came 8 yards short of the best season a running back has ever had all within 9 months of blowing out every ligament in his knee.  He's a freak.  Seriously, I'm like 90% sure he's the property of Skynet and he's on the verge of becoming self-aware.  (Darkhorse Pick:  CJ Spiller)

WR:  Calvin Johnson - Again, not a shocker.  But its hard to overlook a guy that routinely gets targets...and makes catches...despite being triple teamed on 80% of his snaps.  He's just bigger, stronger, faster, and better in bed (according to anonymous sources) than any other receiver out there.  (Darkhorse Pick:  Randall Cobb...yeah, it's a really, really dark horse.)

TE:  Vernon Davis - Gronk is injured, Jimmy Graham is too predictable.  This is the year Davis reaches his freakishly high potential now that he has a quarterback who can do more than hand off and check down.  SHARPIE.  (Dark Horse:  Antonio Gates...I'm feeling nostalgic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment