Tuesday, September 2, 2014

DRAFT GRADES: CINDY CRAWFORD DIVISION


VANDALAY INDUSTRIES
Rotowire Prediction:  5 Wins
Love, love, LOVE the Andre Williams pick.  This guy rushed for 2177 yards (led the nation) and 18 touchdowns last year for Boston College.  He won the Doak Walker award, was a Heisman Finalist, and set school records for rushing yards, rushing attempts, and Godzilla Burgers eaten.  How is this guy not slated in your starting line up already?  Seriously, what do you want for him?
My Draft Grade:  A+++++++, Either someone is cooking bacon or I smell a championship.


TMIFFTITW
Rotowire Prediction:  3 Wins
So the more I look at some of these rankings, the more I question my own draft strategy.  I didn't get a single player I had targeted before the draft, and most of the ones I did target ended up on Vandalay Industries and TMIFFTITW, yet Rotowire gives them terrible draft grades.  Apparently I have a shitty draft strategy and it's a good thing I didn't get any of "my guys".  I think Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb are sure things.  I was hoping Andre Ellington and Emmanuel Sanders were going to fall a few more spots.  There is a clear weakness at QB but with 4 starting RBs this team has strength elsewhere.
My Draft Grade:  A-, Demetrius Williams seems to have found his niche as a GM.


DELTA HOUSE
Rotowire Prediction:  8 Wins
Two years ago, this team would have been a lock for the C-Cup title.  Bluto seems to have adopted the same draft strategy their owners mentor used in previous seasons.  I just don't see Manning, Morris, Cruz, Harvin, or Wayne doing anything close to what they've done the last two years.  I'm beginning to wonder if you had printed out a 2013 rankings sheet.  All that being said, there are some guys here who will still produce.
My Draft Grade:  C+, Not bad.  Not good, but not bad.  But not good.


UPPER DECKERS
Rotowire Prediction:  10 Wins
Having the number one overall pick is a lot of pressure.  You're only job is to not fuck it up.  AP is a safe choice and Keenan Allen should pick up where he left off last season.  I don't like the Jackson pick, because the guy throwing him the ball might not start for the Hillers.  Would have rather seen a better RB2 option than Pierre Thomas.  Still, it's a solid enough team that should make the playoffs.
My Draft Grade:  B+, Like an HHS guidance counselor on a high protein diet, this draft was solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment