Thursday, September 4, 2014

FIVE BURNING QUESTIONS FOR WEEK 1


1.)  What rookie will make the biggest immediate impact?
I'll give you a hint, it's not Sammy Watkins.  He hasn't participated in practice since injuring his ribs and he has a JV call up playing quarterback.  You can cross of Manziel.  It's clearly Hoyer-Time in Cleveland.  Man that town really knows a winner when they see one.  Brandin Cooks seems to be a popular choice as the clear-cut third receiver in a pass-heavy offense.  But I'm going to go with Jeremy Hill as the guy.  Gio Bernard is going to be a solid third-down back, but Hill will steal some carries on early downs.

2.)  Who is most likely to make a butt-fumble-esqe play?
The go-to choices like Dirty Sanchez and Blaine Gabbart aren't likely to see the field this week.  Normally I'd be jumping on the QB#6 bandwagon here, but that's not his M.O.  He usually just cries and hopes for Brandon Marshall to bail him out.  So I'm going to go with Trent Richardson because I'm pretty sure Manti Teo's girlfriend could tackle him in the open field.  He's quickly replacing QB#6 on my disrespect list.

3.)  Will Cobra Kai break 40 points?
Seriously.  I'm concerned.

4.)  Are the Little Giants for real this year?
I don't know what it is about this team.  After making their first playoff appearance in franchise history last year, I feel like this team is well-positioned to make another.  They are learning how to win.  I don't know what it is, but I've got a feeling, and I'm not the only one.  And yes, I just quoted Sheryl Crow.  What are you gonna do about it?

5.)  Whose water bottle is this and are they brave enough to claim it?
I'm deeply concerned.  This floral masterpiece was left at the draft by someone.  I'm not sure which teams owner was so fearful of dehydration that they were willing to sacrifice all dignity and tote this little number around with them, but disciplinary action may have to be taken.  Honestly, this has to be a major violation of the HHSFFL personal conduct policy.


No comments:

Post a Comment