Sunday, September 15, 2013

GOOD ADVICE FROM A SALTY VET




You know, I received some interesting advice on draft night regarding my team name.  A seasoned fantasy football veteran warned me that changing team names every year was dangerous.  When a team doesn't feel an allegiance to the logo on the front of their jerseys it creates a team without an identity and it kills team morale.  At the time, I dismissed the remarks as nothing more than the ramblings of a senile old man.  But perhaps this salty veteran is onto something.  Perhaps the reason that Ridley fumbled twice is my fault.  Maybe I'm the reason that the man formerly known as CJ2K had his only touchdown opportunity vultured by a backup.  And its its possible that I should be blamed for Cecil Shorts' being able to haul in only 4 of 11 Blaine Gabbert targets.

So you know what?  I'm going to heed the advice the silver-haired sage and go back to my roots...again.  After all, he's won more C-Cups than any other owner in HHSFFL history.  So, I'm going to swallow the rest of this chicken wing along with my pride and admit that I was wrong.  I will submit the proper paperwork to change the Sharknados back to the Bayside High Tigers.  I mean, I should have seen this coming.  The Sharknados were nothing more than accidental fame...kind of like a Kardashian.  The cast was a bunch of has-beens and never weres.  The Tigers, however, were a storied franchise with a supremely talented cast.  Tales of AC Slater's hair, Zach Morris' cell phone, and Kelly Kapowski's beauty are still told with the same passion and reverence today as they were two decades ago.

I mean honestly, what was I thinking?  

No comments:

Post a Comment