Tuesday, October 22, 2013

FLAWED PROJECTIONS


Ray Rice - Projected 12, Scores 6
Justin Blackmon - Projected 15, Scores 5
Victor Cruz - Projected 15, Scores 5
Antonio Gates - Projected 12, Scores 3
Austin Pettis - Projected 10, Scores 1
Alex Henery - Projected 12, Scores 3

WHO IN THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE OF THESE PROJECTIONS AND WHY DO THEY THINK MY TEAM IS SO GOOD?

I see my projected score each week and I feel all types of confident heading into each match up.  Whoever is in charge of these projections and rankings obviously thinks my team is awesome...which means they are clearly a fucking moron.  So what I would like to know is how are these projections developed?  What is the process?  It can't possibly be anything even remotely scientific or mathematical.  It has to be entirely random, right?  It's got to be some guy in a blind fold through darts at a board.  There's no way you could be the far off this often.  I've done zero studying...here are my projections of 5 random players...guaranteed to be closer than ESPNs.

Peyton Manning - 26 Points (ESPN Projects 31)
Maurice Jones Drew - 4 Points (ESPN Projects 10)
Desean Jackson - 5 Points (ESPN Projects 15)
Josh Gordon - 19 Points (ESPN Projects 4)
Joseph Randle - 6 Points (ESPN Projects 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment